Friday, February 26, 2010

Debating

So, at the Wicked Faire I had one set of gloves sell. There was apparently some interest in custom colors.

My debate? Should I open a Etsy shop and try to sell some of my stuff? So the deal is you pay 20 cents for every uploaded picture (item for sale). Then when you complete a sale you pay a 3.5% fee to Etsy. So, that's not hugely expensive, but I'm not sure if selling nothing will affect my self-esteem.

I'm all good doing customs and there are definitely a few things in my knitting future that are quirky and I would love to show off. I'm just not sure if I should do. The only thing to lose is a few bucks (I plan on setting a limit of how much I am willing to lose on the shop before closing it).

Thoughts?

This could be a worry for nothing and I'm over reacting as I'm sure this shouldn't be a big deal. My stuff can be seen in various albums on Picasa (name Smilingkid). Or if you have a Ravelry account (which every knitter/crocheter should!) I'm SmilingSheep on there.

2 comments:

Matthew Molyett said...

Why does this blog have an ad that makes noise on it? Gah!

Karina said...

Ha! It's the virtual pet, it makes noise when it eats or other stuff. I haven't used this blog in a long time.